The Career Development Program is a state program serving students in the three districts which make up the Tri-Heights Career Prep Consortium: Cleveland Heights-University Heights, Shaker Heights, and Warrensville Heights. By providing current career-related information and materials to educators, we promote the life-long learning philosophy of Ohio's Career Development Model:
"This educational program helps students relate classroom learning to skills needed for employment and provides students with career-related information and skills to succeed in the world of work."
Various Career Development Program activities include:
- Presenting informational workshops and in-services on the career development process.
- Providing information on current labor market statistics, a variety of higher education and career information.
- Coordinating and organizing a College Fair for students and families in our three district consortium, as well as neighboring public, private and parochial schools.
- Providing resource materials for distribution to staff/students, which includes: Career Development Program's, Job Search Guides, College/Career Related Website information and other career related materials.
- Facilitation of Soft Skills and Employability Skills training and workshops.