Distribution of promotional flyers in the Cleveland Heights-University Heights City School District is at the sole discretion of the Communications Office. For questions or more information, please contact us at (216) 371-7131 or email@example.com
Who May Submit
- Non-profit organizations, city/county offices, government entities, community clubs and organizations informing District students, parents/guardians and staff of cultural, educational, or recreational activities sponsored by the organization. The organization's non-profit letter (IRS 501C) is required.
- Commercial organizations that the District deems its partners (at the sole discretion of the Communications Department).
How to Submit
- Flyers must be submitted to Cathan Cavanaugh, Communications Department Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format. No other format will be accepted. Flyers must be neat, complete and readable.
- The flyer must be educational (cognitive physical, social-emotional) and enriching in nature, supporting the educational mission of Cleveland Heights-University Heights City Schools and/or benefiting the population of the Cleveland Heights-University Heights City School District in a positive manner.
No flyer may contain anything that:
- attacks or promotes hostility or violence
- promotes any religious or political belief
- is obscene or profane
- interferes with others’ rights
- jeopardizes or directly competes with any District program
- promotes childcare/services outside of the direct purview of the District
- is purely commercial advertising for for-profit organizations
- is intended for anyone other than staff, students, or parents/guardians
- The PDF flyer must be approved and stamped by Cathan Cavanaugh for distribution. The flyer MUST be emailed to email@example.com, (please do not send hard copies) and a stamped copy must be presented to school secretaries.
- It is the responsibility of the organization requesting distribution of the flyer to make printed copies.
- It is the responsibility of the organization to go to the District’s website or call the schools for student enrollment figures.
- For summer programs, flyers will be sent home in backpacks of K-8 students the last Friday of the month, March - May. The school secretaries will be instructed to hold the summer flyers until that day. High School distribution is at the discretion of the high school secretary.
- If the flyer is significant to the District as a whole, the flyer may be promoted as a news story on the District website at the sole discretion of the Communications Department.
- If the flyer is significant to any multi-group population within the District, the flyer may be included in the weekly District email newsletter. If a flyer is specific to one school, the flyer may be included in that school’s monthly email newsletter.
- If the flyer is significant to any District group, it may be posted on the District Facebook page and/or the District Twitter account.
- The CH-UH Communications Department reserves the right to NOT approve any flyer that is questionable and/or falls into a gray area, as the Department sees fit. Guidelines are subject to change at any time.
- Flyer approval may take approximately two weeks. It is a good idea to EMAIL a reminder.