The Senior Scene Newsletter includes important information about college planning/application process and scholarships. It is published monthly by the Guidance Department.
Who May Attend?
Seniors and juniors may attend the college conferences. All students must pick up a College Conference Permission Form from the College/Scholarship Zone (The Zone) room 132, the form must be completed; it will be used as their pass into the conference. If a conference is held during a student's class the student must ask the teacher if he/she may miss the class. If the teacher grants the student permission to attend the conference, the form must be signed by that teacher.
- Have some knowledge of the college prior to the conference
- Will it meet your criteria...major, size, location?
- Do you meet admissions qualifications? Does your profile match the college?
- Will it be a highly selective choice for you, classified as a reach, or a safety college?
Students, parents, and staff may use the Zone to obtain information on the colleges.The schedule is updated on a daily basis in Naviance.
A parent or guardian must complete a Family Income Statement Form
to determine a student's eligibility for a fee waiver, Also, students who are enrolled in AVID 3 or AVID 4 are eligible for fee waivers.
NACAC college application waivers
NCAA Clearinghouse registration
In addition, students who register with a SAT fee waiver and take the exam will receive four college application fee waivers from the College Board.
Senior Family Info Meetings
- Senior Parent Meeting: Tuesday, September 4, 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium. This meeting includes a review of Naviance, college selection and the college application process. Slide show presented in the meeting.
- Financial Aid Info Night: Wednesday, October 3, 6:30 p.m. in the mini auditorium. Guest speaker Jeff Johnston, Ohio Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators & CHHS Alum ’85 will discuss the process for applying and receiving financial aid for college. The presentation will include: guidelines used by colleges for financial aid, types of financial aid, how to apply for financial aid and completing the FAFSA financial aid form. The program is sponsored by the guidance department.
- Scholarship Awareness: Wednesday, October 3, 7:00 p.m. in the mini auditorium. The presentation is an overview of types of available scholarships, tips on searching for scholarships, and the scholarship application process. Slide show for meeting.