Middle School Announcements
Week of February 26 – March 1, 2018
- This is Black History Month. Attention students: Black History assembly rehearsals began last
week starting at 3:00 p.m. in room B117. See Ms. Andres and or Mrs. Askew if you have questions or interest. There is still time to enter the Black
History Door Decorating Contest.
- Heights Middle School resumes Box Tops
Collection with a fun contest for all first period classes. Each Box Top earns the PTA $0.10 per use in
funding school projects like teacher mini grants. First period teachers, please return all
collected Box Tops to the PTA mailbox in the office. A prize will be given to students in the
first period class who collected the most Box Tops.
- Cleveland Heights Middle School staff
and students will launch the One District One Book initiative together by
reading the novels Wonder (Grade 6)
and Auggie & Me (Grades 7th
and 8th). Every CHMS student and staff member will receive their own copy of their respective grade levels novels. Students and staff are encouraged to read whenever possible, at home and at school, in order to complete the novel during the month and he prepared for school and community-based activities and discussion.Attention Spelling Club: Mrs. Woodside will be here for Spelling Club
today, during all 3 lunch periods. See
Mrs. Denk for a pass.
- Any 7th or 8th
grade Roxboro student who would like to join track, there will be a sign-up in
the Lunch room on Friday, February 23rd.
- Black History Assembly today, 8th
and 9th periods.
- Game Club is meeting today after school
until 4:00 p.m. It will be in room 231.
- Reminder to NJHS Members: We are meeting tomorrow, Thursday, March 1st in Room 215. Please remember to bring your “NJHS Purple folders” and make sure you are enrolled into our NJHS remind.
- College Awareness Wednesday, today.
- Any 7th or 8th grade boy interested in joining the Boys’ Tennis team please see Ms. Frost in Room 210 to sign up.
- Congratulations to all the Renaissance Essay winners for Black History Month, Please send winners to Mrs. Bergen’s Room B116 after announcements. Winners are: Ashton Everette, Josiah Reid, Eryn Lawson and Myles Anderson.
- All In Students report to Mrs. Bergen’s Room B116 during 6th period lunch. Emergency meeting today.
- Professional Day for teachers, no