Notes from meetings:
- 3 Health classrooms, need to accommodate 30-35 students, could have tables and chairs(not necessarily desks), located near PE, flexibility in room design – be able to open up a divider to create a larger classroom to accommodate 60-75 students. This room could have a multi-purpose floor so it could be used for PE and athletics as well.
PE has 330 kids per day; one period could have 80-90 students split equally by gender; would want 175/200 box style lockers so kids can have a locker space for the semester; would want alcoves for privacy and benches.
Athletic teams locker room needs:
- Football : 100 kids, lockers large enough to store equipment; limited alcoves to allow meeting as a large group
- Girls basketball/Volleyball/Girls Track: 50 lockers
- Boys Basketball/Baseball: 50 lockers
- Wrestling/Track: 40 lockers(this locker room must have showers for wrestling)
- Boys Swimming: 40 lockers
- Boys PE/Community Swimming: 75 lockers
- Girls swimming: 40 lockers
- Girls PE/Community swimming: 75 lockers
- officials locker room: 5 lockers/shower facility
- Boys visiting team: 75 lockers
- Girls Visiting Team: 40 lockers
- Minimum 2 competition size gymnasiums, would really like 3 gymnasiums total. The 3rd gym could be smaller and have no seating. It could serve many purposes like batting cages, dance studio, etc.
PE would like offices together, 6 cubicles near the gymnasiums.
Athletics needs a receptionist area, office for AD and office for Learning center coordinator, conference room for coaches/parent meetings.
Athletics and PE could share equipment like copy machine, fax, etc.
- Logistical set-up for gymnasium relative to ticket sales = concessions
- Spirit/team shop (kiosk)
- Locker rooms and gym space located close together
Two spaces: one is a varsity weight room with Hammer strength equipment, platforms, etc.; second is a cardio/strength room with cardio machines and select drive weight machines
Both rooms need to accommodate 80-100 people at once
- Cardio room
- Locker rooms to accommodate both PE and athletics
- Visiting team rooms
- Officials locker room
- Men’s and women’s coaches locker room with shower facility
- Laundry room (washer/dryer)
- Coaches/teachers offices
- Room for cheer/dance squad to practice
- Hall of fame area/league championship foyer
- Training Room/ice room
- Academic room – study tables – film room
- Separate PE and Athletic storage space.
- 3D + 2D display areas for lobby to showcase conference titles, All-Americans, etc.