Wiley Middle School Announces Closing Ceremony and Events
May 15, 2014
Cleveland Heights, OH
Wiley Middle School Principal Fred Thomas has announced the closing ceremony on May 27 and other end-of-year activities to celebrate the school’s legacy.
Wiley will close at the end of this 2013-2014 school year and transition into a swing space for Heights High School during the 2015-16 school year, while the main campus is undergoing renovations. Wiley Middle School students will attend Monticello or Roxboro Middle School beginning fall 2014.
A closing ceremony will be held at Wiley, Tuesday, May 27 at 6 p.m. It is open to the public.
The agenda includes:
- 6-6:30 p.m. – Meet and greet/light refreshments. Vocal music choir will perform.
- 6:30-7 p.m. – Program, including remarks by Superintendent Dr. Nylajean R. McDaniel and University Heights Mayor Susan Infeld. Wiley Principal Fred Thomas will provide a historical perspective on the school
Here are some of the other planned activities:
Monday, June 2
- Wiley Carnival and Cookout Day - 11 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. ONLY for Wiley students and staff.
- An all-day carnival and cook out at lunch. There will be a DJ, games, face painting, inflatables, hotdogs, hamburgers and much more!
Wednesday, June 4
- Wiley Celebration Garden Dedication - 9:30 a.m. inner courtyard at Wiley - Open to public.
- District leaders, staff, and students will help to cover the 2014 Time Capsule and “Last Class” Plaque.
- 8th Grade Promotion (Mini-Graduation) 6:30 -8 p.m.