April 21, 2016 -- Moody Nolan and Turner Construction presented the CH-UH Board of Education with initial cost estimates at the Board's April 19 work session. The presentation, which includes hard cost estimates for the architects' initial designs, is linked below.
Some items to note:
- The designs created by the architects take into account feedback from various stakeholder groups, including Board members, administrators, principals, teachers, students and community members. With that, this estimate exceeds the estimated costs for the project as outlined in the Master Facilities Plan.
- Moody Nolan created a renovation/new design for both Monticello and Roxboro with 550 student enrollments (6-8 grade buildings), a new design that could be used at both sites with 550 student enrollments, a renovation/new design for both with over 700 student enrollments (5-6 grades at one site; 7-8 grades at other site) and a new design for the sites with over 700 student enrollments.
- Turner Construction took Moody Nolan's designs and created cost estimates based on site analysis. The estimates are based on a fall 2017 start date for construction.
- As a next step, Moody Nolan requested that the District define its Program of Requirements (POR) in order to narrow the focus of the design.
- The Board is looking at June to make a decision on moving forward with new designs that meet the District's paramaters. The Board and the design/construction team are looking at May to hold another community input meeting regarding the middle school facilities project.
Attachments Available to Download: