April 19, 2017 -- Families in the CH-UH School District are kindly reminded to update their emergency contact information, residency and guardianship information whenever it changes.
Parents can call their student's school to update contact information or visit the Registration Department at the Delisle Options Center to provide proof of residency in the case of a change of address.
Notice of Legal Obligation
Parents/Guardians of all students are required by the Ohio Revised Code (ORC) to inform school officials of any of the changes listed below.
- Change of address: You must, within 10 calendar days of your move, bring proof of your new residence to the Registration Department at the Delisle Options Center. If you move out of the district, you must go to the school and withdraw your children from the district.
- Change of phone numbers: Notify the secretary at the school your child attends or change through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
- Change of legal custody or guardianship. Any and all current court orders from Domestic Relations, Juvenile, Probate or any other court which has exercised jurisdiction over the custody, guardianship or residence of the children as per Ohio Revised Code 3313.672 must be presented to the Registration Department.
- All Temporary Restraining Orders and Protection Orders involving school premises
- Student expulsion or exclusion from any school pursuant to Ohio Revised Code 3301.121 and 3313.662
In conformance with Ohio Revised Code (ORC) 3313.64:
- The schools of the Cleveland Heights-University Heights City School District are tuition free only for those students whose parent/guardians are legal residents of this school district.
- Residence for school purposes means that the parents/guardians of the student live within the school district seven days a week.
- To knowingly make a false statement, give false information, or knowingly swear or affirm the truth of a false statement in order for your children to gain entrance or remain in the schools of this district is illegal and violates the Falsification Ordinance of the Cities of Cleveland Heights and University Heights. (Codified Ordinance Section 525.02).
Your signature on the Residency and Custody Affidavit certifies that all of the residency information is true and correct.
Please be aware that in cooperation with the prosecutors of the Cities of Cleveland Heights and University Heights, each violation of the Falsification Ordinance will be vigorously investigated and prosecuted. In addition, tuition will be charged for the period of time that your children were illegally enrolled in the district.