Dear CH-UH Girls Tennis Parents,
My name is Coach Rich and I will be the JV coach this year. Coach Laskarides will be the varsity coach. We are looking forward to a fun-filled season where the girls will learn and improve their skills as well as the values of teamwork, sportsmanship and fair play. Our goal is to create a positive, supportive environment so that every player, regardless of ability, has a great experience.
Please consider signing up your daughter for Cleveland Hts Youth Tennis Camp: July 17-21, 9 am-4 pm, a great opportunity to sharpen tennis skills and experience match play before the start of the season. Register at the Parks & Recreation Front Desk.
Camp Fee: $150.00
Taught by Coach Laskarides
Several players from the boys and girls teams have already registered.
Punctuality and Attendance: Our practices will be held every day in the afternoons from 4:00-6:00 PM. Our first practice is August 1 at Cain Park. Please arrive to practices 5-10 minutes prior to start time. If a child will not be at a game or practice, please notify one of the coaches. Please try to arrive at home games 30 minutes before game time so we have ample opportunity for warm-up. JV first game is Aug. 15 and Varsity first game is Aug.17 (both home games). If you have prior commitments and will miss some practices please let us know.
Equipment and Apparel: The school provides each player game uniforms and warmups. Your player should bring a racquet and a water bottle. Each player will purchase a lady’s t-shirt (more info to follow).
Team Parent: We are looking for a Team Parent (or parents) to assist this season. Our Team Parent will be responsible for creating a snack schedule for the games. The Team Parent will also be responsible for helping the coaches coordinate our season-end party. This is not an extremely time-intensive job, but it is extremely important, and will help free us up to do a better job coaching.
- August 1 All paper work will be passed out and will need to be returned by the next practice. Please have medical form turned in by August 1, 2017.
- Game Calendar will be passed out but is subject to change.
- If your child is sick we’d rather have them miss a game or practice rather than risk getting other children sick. Please be considerate. Please let coach know.
- In the event of rain, we will send a group text letting everyone know that tennis is cancelled. If courts are wet we cannot play!
We are expecting to have a great season and know we will enjoy coaching your children. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions. Our contact information is as follows:
· Varsity Coach John Laskarides 216-965-6193 email@example.com
· JV Coach Nancy Rich (formerly Eisenberg) 216-978-4706 firstname.lastname@example.org