Cleveland Heights-University Heights City School District

Cleveland Heights-University Heights City School District News Article

More P-EBT Cards to be Issued; Current Mailing Addresses Needed

Sept. 8, 2020 -- As the new school year begins, the U.S. Department of Agriculture is providing a second-round distribution of the Pandemic-Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) program.

The P-EBT program provides SNAP benefits to children in kindergarten through 12th grade who are eligible for free or reduced-price meals. Because the District participates in the Community Eligibility Provision, each K-12 student enrolled in CH-UH Schools is eligible for the program.
Each child is eligible for $5.86 for each day a school has provided remote learning between August 1 and September 30. This will amount to approximately $100 for each CH-UH student.

In order to receive the card/funds, the student's mailing address must be correct in Infinite Campus. Any changes must be completed by Friday, September 11. Parents/guardians can update their address in one of two ways:

  • Option 1: Update your information in Infinite Campus by following these instructions. The Registration Department will contact you to confirm the new address. Note: All steps must be completed in order to submit.
  • Option 2: Email [email protected]. Please provide the new address, along with two scanned pieces of mail addressed to the parent/legal guardian dated within the last 30 days and one of the following: mortgage document, current signed lease, or property owner/landlord affidavit. 
  • It's also important to have an updated phone number in Infinite Campus. This can be completed by following these instructions. Note: All steps must be completed in order to submit. 

If you have questions about updating your address, please email [email protected]. If you have questions about updating your contact information in Infinite Campus, please email Betsy Gilmore at [email protected].

If an eligible child currently receives SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) benefits, the P-EBT funds will be issued directly to the existing account and will be available on their SNAP EBT card. For children not currently receiving SNAP benefits, a P-EBT card will be mailed to the family in the child’s name. The process is automatic and no applications or forms are necessary.

For questions regarding P-EBT, please contact the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services customer service line at 1-866-244-0071 or visit their website.

Print This Article
View text-based website