Nov. 16, 2020 -- District families now have access to GoGuardian Parent, a mobile app for parents/guardians to stay aware of their children's activity on school-issued devices, along with additional controls during out-of-school hours (weekdays 4 pm to 7 am and weekends).
GoGuardian Parent is a companion to the classroom management and internet filtering tools that your child's school uses for devices issued to students. Through the use of this app, we hope to encourage more open and honest conversations between parents and children that will result in safer practices and responsible browsing habits.
What is GoGuardian Parent?
GoGuardian Parent was created to help provide additional educational support to administrators and teachers by allowing parents to see what sites and documents their children are browsing and providing parents with additional internet controls at home. The app gives parents a bird's eye view of the apps and websites that their kids are on most often and control over school-issued devices during out-of-school hours. With this perspective, parents can be made aware of what types of browsing behavior schools are seeing from students so they can all work together to encourage more effective internet browsing habits at home and at school.
What's the intention of the app?
By providing insight and controls over student browsing activity, our goal is to empower parents to take a more active role in their children's online learning. We aim to create a greater sense of transparency with student browsing to help bring about a greater sense of accountability on both the parent's and the student's part. We also believe that transparency and insight will increase the likelihood of productive student browsing habits on a more consistent basis.
What is included in this app:
- Top 5 summary of student browsing (apps, extensions, documents, and websites visited)
- Teacher interventions
- 30-day view of websites, video sites, documents, apps, and extensions
- Ability to block websites* on school-issued devices during out-of-school hours
- Ability to pause internet access* on school-issued devices during out-of-school hours, either on-demand or at a scheduled time
*There may be a slight delay after you program this to begin.
To access the app, please follow these instructions:
- Download the app
- iPhone: Visit App Store, search for GoGuardian Parent, and tap the download button.
- Android: Visit Google Play Store, search for GoGuardian Parent, and tap the download button.
- After the app is successfully downloaded and installed, open it up and enter the parent/guardian email address, which is likely the address you use to login to Infinite Campus. (This is not your student’s email address.) Note: If you forgot your registered email address, please contact your school to check Infinite Campus.
- Login/Check Email: Check your email on your phone for a link to log in to the app. Tap the "Verify your email", and it will take you straight to the app. Note: If you don't have access to your email through the device you used to log in, tap on "Login with verification code", and copy and paste the verification code from the email into the app.
Visit the GoGuardian Help Center
for step-by-step support. If you have any questions, call the CH-UH Tech Support Line at (216) 397-5910.