April 30, 2021 -- The finalists have been selected for each of the CH-UH City School District’s year-end awards, including Teacher of the Year, Helping Hand of the Year and Administrator of the Year.The finalists for Teacher of the Year and Helping Hand of the Year were determined through district-wide voting. The candidates were the Teachers and Helping Hands of the Year at each of the district’s schools. The finalists for Administrator of the Year were determined by the Superintendent’s Cabinet.
District Teacher of the Year Finalists:
- Traci Adeen, Second Grade Teacher - Fairfax Elementary School
- Dr. Fiona Connor, Physical Education/Adapted Physical Education Teacher - Gearity Elementary School
- Jon Diligente, Math Teacher - Monticello Middle School
- Lynne Gaines, Intervention Specialist - Oxford Elementary
- Rebecca McDonald, Math Teacher - Heights High School
District Helping Hand of the Year Finalists:
- Brenda Cross, Kindergarten Aide - Gearity Elementary School
- Octavia Houston, Special Education Aide - Boulevard Elementary School
- David Moss, Head Custodian - Oxford Elementary School
- Draupadi Pradhan, EL Aide - Monticello Middle School
- Stacey Warner, 9th Grade Administrative Assistant - Heights High School
District Administrator of the Year Finalists:
- Lindsay Baar, Coordinator of Student Services
- John Fullerman, 10th Grade Principal - Heights High School
- Patrick McNichols, Principal - Gearity Elementary School
- Scott Smith, Supervisor of Transportation
These finalists will move on to a panel interview to determine the overall winners. The overall District Teacher of the Year, Helping Hand of the Year, and Administrator of the Year will be announced at the Staff Awards Ceremony in June. CH-UH will also honor retirees and hand out Tiger Nation Awards to staff who presented at state or national conferences this past school year. Attendance will be limited, but the event will be streamed live on our YouTube channel.
Congratulations to the awardees!