Jan. 13, 2023 -- CH-UH students can use their creative talents to spread the word about good school attendance in the "Every Day Counts" PSA contest.
A PSA, or public service announcement, is created to raise awareness about an important issue. For the Every Day Counts contest, entries can be submitted in the form of a video, TikTok, rap, song, spoken word, poem, or a drawing/painting. The deadline is February 9, 2023.
A winner will be selected from grade levels Preschool-5, 6-8, and 9-12. Each winner will receive a $50 cash prize courtesy the Heights Schools Foundation.
- Must positively promote on-time, daily attendance
- Should include facts about attendance (resource here) and incorporate "Every Day Counts"
- Can be submitted by an individual student or a group
- Visual or written work must fit on one page
- Videos must not exceed 1 minute 30 seconds
How to submit:
- Email submissions to [email protected]
- For works that cannot be sent electronically, deliver to the Board of Education (2155 Miramar Boulevard, University Heights OH 44118) care of Communications
- Include your name, school and grade level with your submission
The PSA contest is open to all CH-UH students, preschool through 12th grade. Staff can also participate; follow the same instructions and criteria. Staff prizes are to-be-announced and will come from Superintendent Kirby.