April 29, 2022 --
The finalists have been selected for each of the CH-UH City School District’s year-end awards, including Teacher of the Year, Helping Hand of the Year and Administrator of the Year.
The finalists for Teacher of the Year and Helping Hand of the Year were determined through district-wide voting. The candidates were the Teachers and Helping Hands of the Year at each of the district’s schools
. The finalists for Administrator of the Year were determined by the Superintendent’s Cabinet.District Teacher of the Year Finalists:
- Wendy Burkey, Social Worker - Noble Elementary School
- Karen Kastor, Math Teacher - Heights High School
- Brittany Salone, 1st Grade Teacher - Gearity Elementary School
- Desi Stewart, Dean of Students - Monticello Middle School
District Helping Hand of the Year Finalists:
- Angela Cerne, Classroom Paraprofessional - Noble Elementary School
- Manyan Kollie, Special Education Paraprofessional - Gearity Elementary School
- Ricky Newman, Lead Tradesperson - Board of Education
- Miyana Williams, Administrative Assistant - Heights High School
District Administrator of the Year Finalists:
- Quatrice James, Principal - Fairfax Elementary School
- Dr. Jeff Johnston, Principal - Monticello Middle School
- Scott Smith, District Supervisor of Transportation
- Jacquelyn Taylor, Principal - Oxford Elementary School
These finalists will move on to a panel interview to determine the overall winners. The overall District Teacher of the Year, Helping Hand of the Year, and Administrator of the Year will be announced at the Staff Awards Ceremony on May 23. CH-UH will also honor retirees and hand out Tiger Nation Awards to staff who presented at state or national conferences this past school year. Attendance will be limited, but the event will be streamed live on our YouTube channel.
Congratulations to the awardees!