May 13, 2020
Dear CH-UH Middle School Families,
The abruptness of the pandemic school closure required immediate exit for our students, and we realize that many personal items were left at the school as a result. The District is providing the opportunity for families to pick up items from the buildings such as medicine, instruments, jackets, boots, lunch boxes, textbooks or student workbooks, and any other instructional materials left in desks or lockers.
The middle school item pickup and locker cleanout is scheduled for May 20 & 21 and May 26 & 27. The office administrative support staff will be at the building each day to assist with any questions you may have pertaining to your child’s well being during the closure.
To keep everyone safe, the following measures and schedules will take place:
-Students may retrieve their belongings on 1 of the 4 days based on an alphabetical schedule. See the scheduled times below.
-A mask/lower face covering and gloves must be worn during the pickup. Families will not be permitted in the building without these items. Hand sanitizer will be made available throughout the process.
-COVID-19 screening states that temperature screening is a recommended practice, but is not required. Anyone who plans to enter the building to retrieve materials will be asked if they have a fever. Any person who reports having a fever will not be allowed entry.
-To minimize the flow of people and adhere to social distancing, we request that either the student or their parent/guardian (not both) enter the building to obtain materials from lockers. We will follow a one-time entry and exit protocol; once you have your belongings, you will not be allowed back into the building. Please make sure you take all your things with you.
-Educational materials will be packed in the supplied brown bag and more oversized items placed in plastic bags. Garbage bins will be made available throughout the exit locations to discard rubbish.
-Students will return all library books, instruments, and other school items. Monitored drop off stations will be set up throughout the building to collect district materials (e.g. library books, textbooks, Chromebooks*, instruments, etc.) Labels will be provided to tag returned items and documents who returned the items for district records.
- If students are returning to the district for the 20-21 school year, then they may keep the Chromebook to use as a learning tool over the summer. Please note that families will be financially responsible for any damages that the Chromebook incurs during this time.
- If you are moving, or if you do not want to keep the Chromebook over the summer, please return the Chromebook and charger to the main office at your middle school.
- If you would like to return the Chromebook at the end of the month when school concludes, call the Technology Support line at 216-397-5910 to arrange to return the Chromebook to the Delisle Options Center (Door #7) on May 29 or June 1.
-Students will retrieve materials and other items from the school based on an alphabetical schedule. We will be staggering entry to the building in order to accommodate social distancing guidelines.
- Parents/guardians and students will be provided with their locker number and combination if needed. We will also have district staff on hand to assist.
- Parents/guardians and students will only have access to their own lockers. We will not access other students’ lockers to retrieve items.
- Students or parents will be guided through specific routes to enter and exit the building.
- ALL items not retrieved from the lockers will be discarded after the last pick-up date.
-All 8th grade families may pick up a free yard sign to celebrate the transition from middle to high school.
-Meal distribution will be available for students from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm (regular schedule) during the cleanout procedures at the normally located district designations.
Please note it is important for families to comply with the following schedule in order to adhere to the social distancing guidelines:
Students and families will retrieve items from the school by following the entrance and exit routes:
|School Building|| Entrance and Exit Locations|
6th Grade students will enter and exit through Door #2 (Monticello)
7th Grade students will enter and exit through Door #8(Monticello/Yellowstone)
8th Grade students will enter and exit through Door #7 (Parking lot)
Enter through the front entrance by the main office.
Exit through the double doors by the auditorium.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this period of national concern. Your patience and understanding are appreciated as we want to assure the safety of both you and our employees in gathering student materials. If you have any additional questions, please contact the building principals.
Stay safe and healthy,
Superintendent Liz Kirby
Assistant Superintendent Felisha Gould
Monticello Middle School Principal Jeff JohnstonRoxboro Middle School Principal Rachael Coleman