February 27, 2020
Dear CH-UH Families, Staff & Community Members,
Regarding the recent coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, I’d like to share with you the precautions our district is taking to ensure our students and staff remain healthy.
Our Building Standards require that all student desks are wiped down each day with a disinfectant. In their daily duties, building cleaning staff disinfect virtually all touch surfaces. Hand sanitizers are available in most classrooms and common spaces.
The District also owns and uses the Clorox 360 machine. The unit kills cold and flu viruses, MRSA, norovirus and many other contagious diseases. The machine would be used in the event of a suspected case of COVID-19 or other serious, contagious illness.
Our school nurses have protocols in place should a student exhibit signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and other viruses.
Finally, the CDC always recommends everyday actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.