March 16, 2016 -- Lake Erie Ink's 4th Annual Kids’ Comic Con is taking place on March 19, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., featuring workshops with professional writers & illustrators.
Workshops will cover both aspects of comic creation: drawing and writing, as well as the ever-popular “Create your own comic character in clay.” This year, Lake Erie Ink will also facilitate a panel on “Girls and Women in Comics–as Characters and Creators.” Marc Sumerak, comic book writer and editor for Marvel, DC, and IDW (The Avengers, Spiderman, Power Pack, the Fantastic Four, The Hulk, and Franklin Richards: Son of a Genius), is the opening keynote speaker.
Doors open at 9:30 for registration or register online.
· Admission is $10 but scholarships are always available.
· This event is for youth ages 8-18. Younger writers may attend with their adult.
· Adults welcome if accompanied by a kid or with a teacher ID.
· Lunch will be sold onsite or you may bring your own.
· Comic books and graphic novels for sale.
· Giveaways and door prizes!
· Costumes encouraged but superheroes and super-villains are asked to leave their weapons at home.
Speakers include Eisner & Harvey Award nominated comic book writer, Marc Sumerak, Jake Kelly & John G. (Lake Erie Monster), Bryn Adams (Crooked Cuyahoga), Sequoia Bostick & Clare Kolat, independent artists, Lee Smith (Ohio Chronicles), Miguel & Michelle Hernandez (PHTPStudio).
The fourth annual Lake Erie Ink Kids’ Comic Con is supported in part by the residents of Cuyahoga County through a grant from Cuyahoga Arts and Culture.