Work Permit for Minors


Cleveland Heights-University Heights City School District

Work Permit for Minors

Instructions for Students (Ages 14-18)

  1. Obtain Application for Student Work Permit. (These are available online and at the Board of Education)
  2. Complete STUDENT/APPLICANT INFORMATION and have Parent or Guardian sign.
  3. Have Employer fill out PLEDGE OF EMPLOYER.
  4. Have Physician fill out PHYSICIAN’S CERTIFICATE FOR MINOR WORK PERMIT on the opposite side.
    If student has a current physician approval on file within the year they do not need a new one.

Bring completed form along with one of the following: school ID, driver’s license, state ID or birth certificate to:

CH-UH Board Of Education (Main Lobby)

2155 Miramar Blvd. University Heights, OH 44118

8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday

Please note:
  • The student’s signature is required on the work permit. Therefore, the student should return the application. 
  • Each change of employment requires a new work permit. 
  • Students 14-18 years of age are eligible for work permits. 
  • Incomplete applications will not be processed. 

If you have questions, please contact Vivian Gatta, 216-320-2065 or [email protected]

View text-based website | Search