The Cleveland Heights-University Heights City School District Gifted Services programming nurtures the unique social-emotional and intellectual needs related to giftedness while providing an environment that fosters 21st century skills. We will support our mission statement through the integration of:
- Creative and critical thinking
- Communication and collaboration
- Social and emotional needs
- Self-directed learning
We will support the strengths and needs of gifted learners in collaboration with students and families for success in a global society.
- To provide vehicles to address the social and emotional needs of gifted students.
- To provide the "Least Restrictive Environment" for all identified gifted students.
- To create Written Education Plans for students on the Ohio Child Count List that address student strengths and help to provide information about the progress, services provided, and individual goals of each student.
- To work collaboratively with parents, students, teachers, and administration to create, implement, and evaluate student goals and progress.
- To screen, assess, and identify students who are gifted in accordance with ODE mandates (H.B. 282).
- To create and facilitate programs which invite and challenge students to demonstrate their abilities and to be recognized for their achievements.
- To advocate for identified gifted students and to provide support services and information for parents/guardians of gifted students.
- To foster collaborative relationships with classroom teachers and Gifted Specialists to develop and adapt the curriculum and teaching strategies to reflect the breadth, depth, and pace of learning characteristic of high-ability students.
- To provide ongoing opportunities for identified students to recognize and understand their strength and the opportunities that may exist for them in the real-world.