Cleveland Heights-University Heights City School District


Welcome to Tiger Nation!

We thank you for choosing Heights and entrusting the CH-UH City School District with the education of your children. Our staff looks forward to working with you to help your students achieve success and thrive in our schools.

If you are interested in registering your child for preschool or pre-kindergarten, please see our Early Childhood Program page or call 216-371-7356 for more information.

Before you begin the enrollment process, please enter your address into our interactive boundary map to confirm that your residence is within the District boundaries. The map will also show you which school your child will attend. Please call the Registration Department at (216) 371-7430 with any questions.

Online Registration (For grades K-12 only)

Step 1 - Complete the Online Registration. (Have documents listed below ready to upload onto the application)
Step 2 - Scan and upload documents directly to the application, or take pictures of the following documents and email them to [email protected]. You may also fax to 216-371-7177. 
Please call 216-371-7430 if you would like to submit the documents in person or if you have any questions.

Required Documentation:
  • Birth Certificate - A copy of the child's birth certificate, passport, or equivalent
  • Parent/Guardian Identification - Ohio driver's license or photo identification card
  • Record of all Required Immunizations 
  • Proofs of Residency in school district (3 items)
    • Mail - TWO pieces of business mail (utility, bank statement, pay stub) addressed to parent/legal guardian dated within the last 30 days (water/sewer bills are not accepted)
    • One of the following: mortgage document, current signed lease; Property Owner/Landlord Affidavit
  • Consent for Release of Records (only necessary if your child previously attended a different K-12 school.)
  • Asthma Action Plan (only necessary if your child has asthma.)
  • Ohio Medicaid (only necessary if your child has an IEP, ETR or 504 Plan.)
The following items must be notarized: (Affidavit are used if you are staying with someone: copy of their utility bill is needed)
Custody Papers, if applicable - Court documents (certified copy) required, as follows:
  • Divorce - Divorce decree (must establish residential parent for schooling purposes)
  • Custody - Journal entry from Juvenile Court
  • Guardianship - Letter of Guardianship from Probate Court
School Records, if applicable
  • Withdrawal form and current report card from previous school
  • Individualized Education Plan (IEP), Evaluation Team Report (ETR) if student received Special Education services in previous school

Who may register a child?
Only legal residents who are the parent or legal guardian of the child may complete the registration process. All certified court orders pertaining to guardianship and custody must be presented at the time of registration. Cleveland Heights-University Heights City School District does not grant temporary enrollment (OCR 3313.64 E).

Residency Requirements

The Cleveland Heights-University Heights City School District is tuition-free only for those students whose parents/legal guardians are residents of the school district. Residence for school purposes means that the parents/legal guardians of the student live within the school district seven days a week.

After Enrollment
Parents/guardians will receive information from their child's school (e.g. open houses, orientations, supply lists) at the start of the school year. Our Back to School page contains this information as well.

Intra-District Open Enrollment
The District will only accept applications for Intra-District Open Enrollment for the 2024-2025 school year from March 1, 2024 through April 12, 2024. Parents/guardians will be notified of the Intra-District Open Enrollment decision via mail by May 10, 2024. (Policy 5113)

Kindergarten Registration
Eligibility - A child must be 5 years old by September 30 of the year they will attend school.

Early Entrance - An Early Entrance evaluation is available for children with birth dates between October 1 and December 31 of the year they will attend school, and who also demonstrate superior functioning in the areas of achievement or ability.

Early Entrance to Kindergarten Guide 2024-2025

Change of Address Instructions for Parents/Guardians

Please fax or email scans/screenshots of the following items:

  • Your new lease or mortgage (an affidavit if you are staying with a family member)

  • Photo ID (address does not have to be the new address)

  • Business mail/email 2 pieces dated within the last 30 days (utilities, bank statements, etc.)

Fax - 216-371-7177
Email - 
[email protected]

Are You Leaving the CH-UH City School District? Take the Family Exit Survey 

Instructions for Withdrawals 
Withdrawals are completed at the school your child attends. You will need the following information: Photo ID and the reason for the withdrawal. If you are moving out of the CH-UH District and or state of Ohio, the new address and school information must be provided. If you have questions, please contact the appropriate school. 

NOTE: Prior to withdrawing, all school issued items are returned to the school (e.g. library books and musical instruments) and all district-issued Chromebooks must be returned to IT at the Delisle (14780 Superior Rd Door #7).

Contact Us

CH-UH Registration Department
Delisle Options Center
14780 Superior Road
Cleveland Heights, OH 44118

Phone: 216-371-7430
Fax: 216-371-7177 
Boundary Map
Click Here » 
Jeronica Bell
Staff Assistant

Important Information

For High School Students

Satisfaction Survey

View text-based website | Search