May 7, 2020
Dear CH-UH Elementary School Families,
The abruptness of the pandemic school closure required immediate exit for our students, and we realize that many personal items were left at the school as a result. The CH-UH District is providing the opportunity for families to pick up items from the buildings such as medicine, instruments, jackets, boots, lunch boxes, textbooks or student workbooks, and any other instructional materials left in desks or lockers.
Elementary families can pick up their children’s belongings from May 13-15, 2020. The office administrative support staff will be at the building each day to assist with any questions you have pertaining to your child’s wellbeing during the closure. On Monday and Tuesday prior to the pickup days, teachers will pack classrooms, label and bag student materials.
As a precaution, the following safety measures will be in place:
Families will return all library books, instruments, and other school items. Labels will be provided to tag returned items and document who returned the items for district records.
- Families will have three days to retrieve items from the school based on an alphabet schedule. See the scheduled times below.
- Social distancing will be adhered to by staggering families of no more than 10 people in the building at a time. To minimize the flow of people in and out of the buildings, we request that the parent/guardian come to pick up materials without their child.
- Educational materials will be packed in the supplied brown bag and more oversized items placed in plastic bags. Tables will be assigned for student materials, textbooks, instruments, and other materials.
- Monitored drop off stations will be set up throughout the building to collect district materials. Garbage bins will be made available throughout the exit locations to discard materials.
- If students are returning to the district for the 20-21 school year, then families may keep the Chromebook to use as a learning tool over the summer. Please note that families will be financially responsible for any damages that the Chromebook incurs during this time.
- If you are moving, or if you do not want to keep the Chromebook over the summer, please return the Chromebook to the main office at your elementary school.
- If you would like to return the Chromebook at the end of the month when school concludes, call the Technology Support line at 216-397-5910 to arrange to return the Chromebook to the Delisle Options Center (Door #7) on May 29 or June 1.
Meal distribution will be available for students from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm (regular schedule) during the cleanout procedures at the normally located district designations.
It is vital for families to comply with the following schedule in order to adhere to the social distancing guidelines.
Families will retrieve items from the school by following the entrance and exit routes:
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this period of national concern. Your patience and understanding are appreciated as we want to assure the safety of both you and our employees in gathering student materials. If you have any additional questions, please contact the building principal by calling the school or email.
Stay safe and healthy,
Superintendent Liz Kirby
Assistant Superintendent Felisha Gould
CH-UH Elementary School Principals