We are pleased to inform you that Cleveland Heights-University Heights City School District will be paying for all students in grades 10 and 11 to take the PSAT/NMSQT or Pre SAT college entrance test/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test that prepares students to take the SAT or ACT and can qualify students for National Merit Scholarships and other awards.
The test will be administered on Wednesday, October 16, 2019
The PSAT/NMSQT Program provides valuable resources that help students prepare for the SAT and take important first steps toward college. It allows eligible eleventh grade students to enter scholarship and recognition programs, and provides younger students in grade 10 with early feedback on academic skills they can work to improve.
Students who take the PSAT/NMSQT will receive free access to the following valuable resources:
My College QuickStart™ is a personalized online college and career planning tool that contains:
- Online PSAT/NMSQT Score Report
- Customized My SAT Study Plan™
- Personality test
- Personalized lists of colleges, majors and careers
Student Search Service®: a program that provides free information from colleges, universities, and scholarship programs
Score Report Plus: comprehensive feedback on performance and skills
PSAT/NMSQT is a way to encourage your child to start thinking about life after high school:
- Help with curriculum planning to realize your child’s specific career goals
- Information and resources to help your child prepare to perform his or her best on the SAT
- Practical advice and online tools to find the right college for your child’s needs and goals
For more information about your school’s PSAT/NMSQT administration, please talk to your student’s School Counselor.
Learn more about the PSAT/NMSQT.