Aug. 17, 2023 --
The CH-UH City School District is in the process of adopting a new dress code for students. The dress code is a part of the policies and procedures in CH-UH and is the administrative guideline that accompanies the board policy on dress and grooming
. In order to adopt a new dress code, the following steps have occurred:
- A draft dress code was developed and reviewed by students, teachers, administrators, teacher leaders, families, and district staff.
- The draft was posted for public review in May of 2023.
- Feedback was reviewed and discussed with district leaders in June of 2023 to assess if additional adjustments needed to be made.
To ensure that students, parents, and staff have an opportunity to provide final feedback, draft dress code review sessions will be held during student and family orientations at the high school. After these sessions have concluded, the dress code will be finalized. To support its implementation, training will be conducted for students and staff. Upon completion of the training, the dress code will be enacted.
Below is the expected timeline for the implementation of the new dress code:
- Draft dress code review sessions for students were held at CHHS in the Media Center on August 16 at 11:15 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. in Room 114.
- Draft dress code review sessions for families will be held at CHHS in the mini-auditorium on August 17 from 5:30-6:30 p.m. during family orientation.
- Draft dress code review sessions for staff will be held in the cafeteria of the high school on August 18 at 3:15 p.m.
- Any necessary changes will be finalized and sent through a final legal and administrative guideline review after the draft dress code review sessions.
- Training will be provided to staff and students to support implementation in late August/early September.
Until the dress code is finalized, we will continue to use administrative discretion as it relates to the dress code.