Nov. 8, 2023 -- At the monthly regular Board of Education meeting on November 7, Canterbury Elementary School leaders presented information about the building’s IB program, Heights High students shared happenings at the school, and CFO Scott Gainer presented the Monthly Financial Report.
Awards & Recognitions
National Merit Scholars
Tiger Team Members of the Month (October)
BOE/Bus Depot/Millikin: Grounds Crew (Kelvin Robinson, Jamar Butler, William Clark, James Moss, Torray Reeves, Don Williams)
Boulevard: Jacqueline Young
Canterbury: Jessica Valentino-Artman
Delisle Options Center/Tiger Virtual Academy/IT: Kristin Campbell
Fairfax: Keiarra Nelson
Gearity: TaRhonda Ward
Heights High: Brenda Taylor
Monticello: Dr. Jeffrey Johnston
Noble: Vanessa Hagan
Oxford: Rebecca McCalligan
Roxboro Elementary: Daniel Hershman-Rossi
Roxboro Middle: Lia Radke
Their nominations can be read here
- Heights High School senior Margo Burke and sophomore Alex Burke delivered the Superintendent’s Student Cadre Report, sharing updates on Heights High news and personal reflections on the school year.
- During each Regular Board of Education meeting, representatives from a CH-UH school share points of pride in the Monthly School Spotlight. For November, Principal Dr. Erica Wigton and Melissa Garcar presented on Canterbury Elementary School’s IB (International Baccalaureate) program, including the timeline from its authorization in 2016 to goals for this year.
- Representatives from WXZ Development presented preliminary plans for the Taylor Tudor Development.
- Superintendent Kirby shared updates on the past month’s work within the five goals of the District’s Strategic Plan.
- Chief Financial Officer Scott Gainer presented the Monthly Financial Report.
The full meeting video can be found here