May 17, 2023 -- At the monthly regular Board of Education meeting on May 9, Boulevard Elementary School delivered a presentation on their family literacy night, the senior members of the Superintendent’s Student Cadre shared how Heights High has impacted them, and the Board approved 11 teachers to receive tenure.
Awards & Recognitions
Senior Student Cadre Members
Tiger Team Members of the Month (April)
BOE/Bus Depot/Millikin: Doris (Dottie) Mapson
Boulevard: Cynthia Douglas
Canterbury: Karen Altchouler
Delisle/Tiger Virtual Academy/IT: Dr. Brian Williams
Fairfax: Regina Lacey
Gearity: Reeva Perse
Heights High: Tandra Menefee
Monticello: Crystal Kerr
Noble: Carla Campbell
Oxford: Timothy McDonald
Roxboro Elementary: Monica Rogers
Roxboro Middle School: Nathan Pilarczyk
Their nominations can be read here
- Heights High School seniors Taylor Evans, Owen Bisker, and Trinity Kimbro delivered the Superintendent’s Student Cadre Report, sharing updates on Heights High news and personal reflections on the school year.
- During each Regular Board of Education meeting, representatives from a CH-UH school share points of pride in the Monthly School Spotlight. For April, Boulevard Elementary School Principal Dr. Mike Jenkins and members of the Boulevard Literacy Committee delivered a presentation on the school’s Annual Title I Family Literacy Night.
- The Board voted to approve Continuing Contract Status, also known as tenure, for the 11 teachers below. These educators will be honored at the Staff Awards on June 1.
- Cynthia Booker - Media/TV Productions Teacher, Heights High School
- Katherine Buettner - Science Teacher, Heights High School
- Emily Dralle - Fifth Grade Teacher, Gearity Professional Development School
- Kaylie Ferreri - Intervention Specialist-EEH, Gearity Professional Development School
- Lynne Gaines - Intervention Specialist, Oxford Elementary School
- Lisa Husain - Gifted Teacher, District
- Taniesha Jackson - Speech Language Pathologist, District
- Nicholas Marzuola - Music Teacher, Heights High School
- Laura Mendez - American Sign Language Teacher, Heights High School
- Nicole Nalepa - Fourth Grade Teacher, Noble Elementary School
- Raechal Triscaro - Second Grade Teacher, Boulevard Elementary School
- Dr. Paul Lombardo, Assistant Superintendent of HR & Operations, delivered the first reading of proposed calendar changes for the 2023-2024 school year. The proposed changes to the calendar are as follows:
- August 22, 2023 will be changed from the first day of school for students to a professional development day for staff. Students will not report to school on this date.
- August 23, 2023 will become the first day of school for students.
- Per Ohio law and Board Policy/Administrative Guideline 8210, there must be a 30-day period for public comment before a calendar can be officially approved by the Board of Education. CH-UH families, staff and community members may submit comments or feedback via this Google Form. Approval of the calendar proposals will be placed on the agenda at a Board of Education meeting in June.
- Superintendent Kirby shared updates on the past month’s work within the five goals of the District’s Strategic Plan.
- Chief Financial Officer Scott Gainer delivered his “3 Things” report, a monthly initiative to educate stakeholders on school funding. The 3 Things for April were:
- Catastrophic Costs
- Five Year Forecast
- District Profile (Cupp) Report
The full meeting video can be found here