The Options Program is primarily designed for students that are one year deficient toward graduation.
5th year of HS: 15-19.5 credits
4th year of HS: 9-14.5 credits
3rd year of HS: 5-9 credits
STEP #1 – APPLICATION
1. Student and parent/guardian must complete and sign the Options Program Student
Application and Parent Referral before turning it in to a Small School Counselor,
Principal, or Social Worker.
2. Small school staff must complete the Small School Referral.
3. Small school staff must submit the completed application to:
Dr. Kristie Cooper
Options Program School Counselor
STEP #2 – APPLICATION REVIEW
1. Options Program Coordinator and staff will review each application.
2. Selected candidates will be contacted by Options Program staff and invited to schedule
3. Options Program Coordinator and staff will interview student and a parent/guardian.
4. Options Program Coordinator and staff will determine which students are admitted in
STEP #3 – ADMISSION
1. Accepted students, parents, and small school personnel are informed of the admission
decision by phone. Students who are not admitted will be informed by mail. They are
welcome to reapply in the next application pool.
2. Accepted students are informed of their orientation/start date.
3. Accepted students enter a two-week trial period and are monitored by the Options
Program Staff. Attendance is a crucial component for successful completion of the trial
4. At the conclusion of the trial period, staff will make recommendations to the Options
Program Coordinator regarding each student. Students who successfully complete the
trial period will continue at Options. A meeting will be held with students who do not
successfully complete the trial period to discuss alternatives.