If an incident or injury occurs at the workplace or on work business, please follow the following steps.
- Report the injury to your supervisor immediately.
- Submit accident report through PublicSchoolWorks, My Safety Portal.
- If medical treatment is necessary, have the treating physician complete the attached BWC MEDCO-14 and submit to Carla Morris, at the Board of Education in the Human Resources Department.
- The Cleveland Heights-University Heights City School District has a post-accident drug policy that states any work related injury that requires medical attention a drug test must be completed at the time of treatment. This will be paid for at the District’s expense.
- You are expected to follow your physician’s advice and attend all appointments (physician office visits, physical therapy, etc. We expect you to provide updated medical documentation to Carla Morris, at the Board of Education in the Human Resources Department.
- You are expected to obtain a written statement that you can return to work and report to work immediately thereafter. All documents may be faxed to Carla at 216-397-3698 or you may scan and email to [email protected] Please do not hesitate to contact Carla should you have any questions at 216-371-7405.
If submitting paper documents:
Complete the Employee’s Report of Incident and Injury, have your supervisor complete the Supervisor’s Investigation Report and have any witnesses complete the Statement of Witness to Accident and submit all documents to Carla Morris, at the Board of Education in the Human Resources Department within 24 hours. Your witness does not have to get the Statement of Witness to Accident document notarized.